McLaren in the News – 21st March 2010

Hamilton returns to scene of Australian Grand Prix disqualification @ Welwyn & Hatfield Times 24
Sunday 21st May 2010
LEWIS Hamilton returns to the scene of his biggest Formula 1 controversy insisting he still loves the Australian Grand Prix.

Hamilton was disqualified from last year’s season opener around the scenic Albert Park circuit and stripped of his podium points after misleading race stewards.

The controversy centred on an incident between the then world champion from Herts and Jarno Trulli following the deployment of the safety car in the closing laps. (read more…)

Button worried rule changes may make F1 ‘a procession’ @ BBC.co.uk Formula 1
Sunday 21st May 2010
Jenson Button has expressed concern that new regulations could turn the 2010 season into a “procession”.

McLaren’s Button is dismayed by the ban on refuelling during a race and new tyre regulations which made the season opener in Bahrain a dull spectacle.

“It’s annoying because it’s a sport I love and it’s tough to see a procession,” said the 30-year-old. (read more…)

Dennis suspects Vettel ran out of fuel in Bahrain @ Motorsport.com F1
Sunday 21st May 2010
Ron Dennis has been quoted as questioning Red Bull’s claim that Sebastian Vettel suffered a spark plug failure whilst leading the 2010 season opener in Bahrain last weekend.

Initially after the 22-year-old pole sitter gave up the lead of the race to the eventual three podium-getters, Red Bull diagnosed an exhaust problem.

A subsequent media statement clarified that it was actually a spark plug problem within the Renault engine that was the matter, but Spain’s AS newspaper reported last week that Vettel simply slowed to prevent running out of fuel. (read more…)

Hamilton: Red Bull is the fastest @ Pitpass.com
Sunday 21st May 2010
2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton claims that the Red Bull is the fastest car this season, indeed, the Englishman says the RB6 is “ridiculously fast”.

“The Red Bull is ridiculously faster than anyone else’s car,” the McLaren driver told reporters. “It’s insane. The downforce they had on their car last year was at some points just about double what we had. Even at the end of the year they had so much more than us, even though we had won a couple of Grands Prix.”

Certainly, Sebastian Vettel looked to have the season opener in Bahrain wrapped up last week, having stormed to pole and subsequently eased away at the start of the race. However, spark plug failure 15 laps from the end of the race saw the German slip back to fourth with teammate Mark Webber finishing eighth behind Hamilton’s teammate Jenson Button. (read more…)

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under In the news...

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s